Small Business Quarantined Employee Grant
Grant Title: Small Business Quarantined Employee Grant
Funding Source: Federal CARES Act and State funds
Total Grant Amount: $5,000,000
Expected number of awards: Awards for the Small Business Quarantined Employee Grant will be awarded based on available funds and disbursed on a qualifying first come, first served basis.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
Program Start Date: October 1, 2020 (Incurred expenses must be on or after October 1, 2020)
Program End Date: June 30, 2021
Contact Information: Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Small Business Quarantined Employee Grant uses federal CARES Act funds and state funds as part of Utah’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. It provides reimbursement to small business employers (Less than 50 employees) who pay employees to stay home during quarantine or isolation for maximum of 40 hours per week for a period of up to two calendar weeks.
Eligible businesses must have:
- Less than 50 employees in Utah.
- One or more of your employees receiving notice that the employee must quarantine or isolate due to positive COVID-19 test or exposure to someone who has tested positive.
- Continued to pay out regular wages to an employee(s) while the employee was in quarantine/isolation.
Documentation of Quarantine/Isolation
- For employees who have tested positive, the employee would provide a copy of the positive test to the employer who would then include that copy in the grant application.
- For an individual who has been exposed by close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, contact tracers are contacting every close contact and can provide a certificate that the individual can offer to his/her employer if necessary.
- In the event of a surge in cases when full contact tracing is more difficult, a contact tracer may provide a certificate to a business where a positive case is known to work, which may be provided by the employer to close contacts at the workplace, indicating that the person should be in quarantine and is eligible for testing.
- For close contacts who are not co-workers need a certificate for testing/quarantine, they may email email@example.com to request this certificate.
Any of these certificates is acceptable verification of an employee being asked to quarantine or isolate.
This grant is a state program for small business employers in Utah and is not affiliated with the FFCRA. This grant’s benefits cannot be used for the same employee during the same time period that FFCRA benefits are sought. If you have any questions regarding tax implications, contact the IRS.