Industrial Accidents Division
Established by state law, the Industrial Accidents Division monitors and administers the workers' compensation
program for the state of Utah. The Division’s sections are established to work with injured workers, employers,
physicians, adjusters and attorneys on various injury and compliance issues. Rules, procedures and certain
medical fees are established by the Division to ensure fair claims handling practices, compliance adherence and
access to quality medical care.
- Claims Section
- Assists injured workers in resolving any disputes that they may have with their insurance carriers regarding
their workers’ compensation benefits. Staff provides information, dispute resolution and mediation to try and
resolve workers’ compensation disputes and return the injured worker as quickly as possible back to the
- Policy Section
- Monitors all businesses in the state to ensure that they are complying with the state requirement to provide
workers’ compensation insurance for their employees and will investigate those that are not. For those that are
eligible, waivers may be obtained.
- Uninsured Employers Fund (UEF) / Employers Reinsurance Fund (ERF)
- These funds are established to pay workers' compensation benefits to eligible uninsured injured workers and
eligible permanently and totally disabled workers.
- Certain companies may qualify to self-insure their workers’ compensation claims, if they meet certain
We welcome your questions or comments