You have the right to be paid for your work!
- The right to receive at least the minimum wage for each hour of work—$7.25 per hour.
- The right to receive overtime pay—time and a half for each hour over 40 hours worked in a week.
- The right to be paid for your work regardless of immigration status.
- If your employer terminates your employment, the right to receive your final pay within 24 hours.
- Some workers—usually salaried or professional workers—are exempt from overtime pay requirements.
- Employers are not required by law to provide breaks or lunch periods for adult employees. However, employers are required to provide breaks for workers under the age of 18.
- Employers are not required to provide paid vacation, holidays, sick leave or severance pay.
Remember: This doesn’t mean that the minimum wage is a reasonable wage for all types of work.
Know your Rights!