- Home >
- Workplace Safety Grants
Workplace Safety (WPS) Grant Program
The Labor Commission is extending the deadline for Workplace Safety Grant applications to this Friday, November 29, 2013. Please distribute this information to your contacts or anyone else who may be interested.
Every year, the Utah Labor Commission accepts applications for grant projects or initiatives demonstrating a commitment to workplace safety (WPS). Some of the proposals may include, but are not limited to:
- Development of workshops and training
- Implementation of specialized safety programs
- Increasing effort and resources for existing programs
- Collaborative workplace safety training between organizations
- Entities eligible to apply for a grant include Utah businesses, community-based organizations, Utah non-profits and local associations and educational institutions
The WPS Committee of the Labor Commission has identified key priorities upon which to focus safety prevention efforts for the upcoming year. The focus is with industries and occupations that have higher incidences of workplace accidents and fatalities such as construction, manufacturing and highway safety, as well as projects that assist Utah employers in maintaining safer work environments regardless of language and cultural barriers.
The WPS Grant Guidelines and Application page details outlining criteria successful applicants must satisfy, including the process the Commission shall use to award the funds.
---- Last years Grant Awards ----
For general information and requests about Labor Commission services community presentations and outreach contact:Elena Bensor
Community Relations/Public Information Officer