- Home >
- Industrial Accidents
Industrial Accidents Division
Established by state law, the Industrial Accidents Division monitors and administers the workers' compensation program for the state of Utah. The Division’s sections are established to work with injured workers, employers, physicians, adjusters and attorneys on various injury and compliance issues. Rules, procedures and certain medical fees are established by the Division to ensure fair claims handling practices, compliance adherence and access to quality medical care.
- Claims Section
- Assists injured workers in resolving any disputes that they may have with their insurance carriers regarding their workers’ compensation benefits. Staff provides information, dispute resolution and mediation to try and resolve workers’ compensation disputes and return the injured worker as quickly as possible back to the workplace.
- Policy Section
- Monitors all businesses in the state to ensure that they are complying with the state requirement to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees and will investigate those that are not. For those that are eligible, waivers may be obtained.
- Uninsured Employers Fund (UEF) / Employers Reinsurance Fund (ERF)
- These funds are established to pay workers' compensation benefits to eligible uninsured injured workers and eligible permanently and totally disabled workers.
- Certain companies may qualify to self-insure their workers’ compensation claims, if they meet certain statutory requirements.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is the principle fact finding agency for the federal government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The BLS is an independent national statistics agency that collects, processes, analyzes and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other federal agencies, state and local governments, business and labor. The BLS also serves as the statistical resource to the Department of Labor.
Contacting the DivisionMail Address: P.O. Box 146610, Salt Lake City, UT, 84114-6610
Street Address: 160 East 300 South, 3rd Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Phone: In-State Toll Free 1-800-530-5090
Fax: (801) 530-6804
- Benefit Guides
- Search the Medical Fee Standards
- Laws and Rules
- Guides & Pamphlets
- Attorneys for Claimants
- Records Requests
- Seminars and Training
- Small Business Insurance Carriers
- Employee Misclassification
- Corporate Exclusion